Last week, SIFMA issued guidance about a broker’s duty to verify accredited investors (backed by 20 law firms which are listed at the back). The guidance includes a form of a Rule 506(c) accredited investor questionnaire as well as a form of written confirmation. It could wind up being important if new Rule 506(c) offerings take off…
More on “The SEC’s First Whistleblower Retaliation Case”
Last week, I blogged some thoughts from DLA Piper’s Nick Morgan about the SEC’s first whistleblower retaliation case, including whether the SEC had the statutory authority to bring this case against Paradigm Capital Management. In this FEI blog, Sean McKessy, Chief of the SEC’s Whistleblower Office comments on the case, including responding to Nick’s comments. We’ve been posting memos on the case in our “Whistleblowers” Practice Area.
More on “The Mentor Blog”
We continue to post new items daily on our blog – “The Mentor Blog” – for TheCorporateCounsel.net members. Members can sign up to get that blog pushed out to them via email whenever there is a new entry by simply inputting their email address on the left side of that blog. Here are some of the latest entries:
– Controversy? FAF’s Contribution to the IASB (& the SEC’s Role In It)
– Campaigning to Be the Company’s Director Nominee: A New Trend?
– PCAOB Issues 2012 Grant Thornton and BDO Inspection Reports
– Microsoft: The Proper Way to Introduce a New CEO
– Select Board Diversity: Four Great Quotes
– Equidate: New Private Company Exchange With a Twist
– Broc Romanek