In this podcast, Dave Lynn and Marty Dunn engage in a lively discussion of the latest developments in securities laws, corporate governance, and pop culture. Topics include:
– Choice of forum provisions
– The crowdfunding phenomenon
– Breweries we’d like to buy
Stan Keller on the Future of Proxy Access
In this brief memo, Stan Keller of Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge weighs in on the future of proxy access, including the status of the Rule 14a-8 amendment. We have posted a number of memos on proxy access in the wake of the Business Roundtable/Chamber lawsuit in our “Proxy Access” Practice Area.
Speaking of lawsuits, there will be oral argument in the US District Court of DC held today in the PETA v Merck shareholder proposal case. Here’s the complaint filed back in April.
More on “The Mentor Blog”
We continue to post new items daily on our blog – “The Mentor Blog” – for TheCorporateCounsel.net members. Members can sign up to get that blog pushed out to them via email whenever there is a new entry by simply inputting their email address on the left side of that blog. Here are some of the latest entries:
– Private Placements: New “Know Your Customer and Suitability Obligations” for Brokers
– “Fifth Analyst Call” and Reflexive Confrontation
– HSN Board Refuses to Accept Director Resignation
– The LinkedIn IPO: A Favorable Comparison to the Internet Bubble Years
– More on “Insider Trading Analysis of Sokol Charges”
– Broc Romanek