We just sent the March-April issue of The Corporate Executive to the printer. This issue includes pieces on:
– Grant Guidelines and Declining Stock Prices
– Excessive Windfalls in Compensation Once Stock Prices Recover
– Two Fundamental—and Very Relevant—Considerations for High Level Executives
– Executives Surrendering Underwater “Mega” Grants
– Important, Timely Guidance on the Accounting Treatment of Acceleration of Vesting—Including Ramifications for Underwater Options
– Important, Timely Suggestions from a Respected CEO
To have this issue rushed to you, try a no-risk trial to The Corporate Executive today.
Corp Fin’s Latest CD&I: XBRL Boxes for 10-Q/10-K Cover Pages
As we flagged early last week in this blog, companies need to place a new box on their Form 10-Q and Form 10-K cover pages, even if they won’t be filing in XBRL anytime soon (see our new cover pages available in Word). Yesterday, Corp Fin issued a new “Exchange Act Form” Compliance and Disclosure Interpretation – CD&I 105.04 – to deal with the many questions being asked on this new box.
The SEC’s New Risk Identification & Assessment Initiative
Yesterday, the SEC announced an enhanced effort to identify and assess risks in the markets by getting help for its Office of Risk Assessment through a new “Industry and Markets Fellows Program.”
Back in ’04, under former SEC Chair Donaldson’s tenure, the Office of Risk Assessment was created (after getting the idea from former Chair Pitt) – but it was only staffed with a handful of folks and the office chief left after a few years and was never replaced. Now it looks like this Office will be staffed more appropriately.
– Broc Romanek