Corp Fin issued some M&A-related CDIs yesterday. Here’s what John had to say about them on the DealLawyers.com blog this morning: Yesterday, the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance issued a handful of new CDIs relating to M&A topics. Here are links to the individual CDIs & a brief summary of the issues they address:
Exchange Act Form 8-K
– CDI #102.04 – The material terms and conditions of an acquisition agreement that should be disclosed in an Item 1.01 Form 8-K.
– CDI #102.05 – Whether the acquisition agreement should be filed as an exhibit to the Item 1.01 Form 8-K.
Proxy Rules & Schedules 14A/14C
– CDI #101.02 – When a private target that isn’t soliciting its own shareholders may be viewed as engaged in a “solicitation” of the acquirer’s shareholders.
– CDI #132.01 – The availability of Rule 14a-12 for communications by a private target under the circumstances described in CDI #101.02.
– CDI #132.01 – The availability of Rule 14a-12 for communications by an acquirer relating to a transaction for which the target is soliciting proxies but the acquirer is not.
Tender Offers & Schedules
– CDI #166.01 – Guidance on the circumstances under which the Staff will not object to will not object to purchases by the SPAC sponsor or its affiliates outside of the redemption offer.
– Liz Dunshee