There’s nothing I like more than an annual meeting web page that is “usable.” I think that Southern Company’s annual meeting page is one of the best in the US (European companies have been ahead of the game in this area for years). Among the cool features:
– One-stop-shop for proxy & other materials (annual/sustainability reports, etc.)
– Simple presentation of voting items and a link to the voting page have reduced broker non-votes – so the page provides tangible ROI
– HTML is SEO-friendly & easy to read
– Static PDF spreads can be brought to life like this one, making it easy to see who serves on which board committee, etc.
– Graphics & other features can be “reactive”
DOJ’s New “Inability to Pay” Guidance
As noted in these memos posted in our “White Collar Crime” Practice Area, the DOJ recently issued new guidance on how prosecutors should evaluate requests by corporate defendants for a reduction in fines and penalties based on an inability to pay – and announced a restructuring of its “Securities & Financial Fraud Unit” as the “Market Integrity & Major Frauds Unit”…
Tomorrow’s Webcast: “M&A in Aerospace, Defense & Government Services”
Tune in tomorrow for the DealLawyers.com webcast – “M&A in Aerospace, Defense & Government Services” – to hear Hogan Lovells’ Carine Stoick, Michael Vernick, & Brian Curran address some of the unique issues faced by companies doing deals that implicate the government in some way.
– Broc Romanek