Spanking brand new. By popular demand, this comprehensive “Rule 10b5-1 Trading Plans Handbook” covers a topic that many have requested. This one is a real gem – 72 pages of guidance.
DOJ Staffer Provides Fresh Guidance on Effective Compliance Programs
As noted in this Morrison & Foerster memo, Marshall Miller, the Criminal Division’s Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the DOJ, recently gave remarks about when a compliance program can help stave off indictment – or at least secure it more lenient treatment from the DOJ. Here’s a blog from Jeff Kaplan with more info…
Podcast: Canadian Shareholder Activism
– Can you describe the level of proxy contest activity in 2014 relative to prior years, and reasons it may be declining or leveling off?
– Based on 2014 takeover activity, what is the BC Securities Commission position on poison pills, and what’s the best guidance for companies?
– What are the current levels & scope of activism in M&A transactions?
– Can you describe the trends in shareholder engagement?
– What activism-related developments & trends do you anticipate going forward, and how should companies prepare?
– Broc Romanek