June 17, 2014
Our New “Job Board”: Free for All
We have launched a new “Job Board” that can help you land a job – or find candidates for a job opening (the first job opening is already posted!). You don’t need to be a member to participate – nor does it cost anything to post a job opportunity or search for a new job. Every aspect of it is entirely free. Tell your recruiter friends so they can post jobs. If you’re not a member, you do need to “register” for the job board (we require that so the folks on the other end of a job transaction can reach you). Check it out!
Regulation A+ Comment Letters: Putting Some Emotion Into It
Jason Coombs files a lot of comment letters – here is his latest on the Regulation A+ proposal. Perhaps this is not his best work, but it does have its moments. Here is an excerpt:
Certain state securities regulators have used actual “fighting words” and have made potentially-criminal threats including threats of violence or a civil war in planned retaliation if the Commission includes any preemption language in its final Rule for Regulation A+.
More on our “Proxy Season Blog”
We continue to post new items regularly on our “Proxy Season Blog” for TheCorporateCounsel.net members. Members can sign up to get that blog pushed out to them via email whenever there is a new entry by simply inputting their email address on the left side of that blog. Here are some of the latest entries:
– Annual Meeting Midpoint: Closer Look at Governance Shareholder Proposals
– Analysis: A Closer Look at April’s “Vote No” Campaigns
– Interim Voting Tallies: Broadridge’s Background Report
– Major Governance Changes at Nabors, But Vote-Counting Method Continues to Draw Criticism
– Canada Proposes Guidance – Not Regulation – for Proxy Advisors
– Warren Buffett Speaks: Board Realities & Shareholder Voting
– Broc Romanek