May 23, 2012
Deal Cube Tournament: It’s On! Vote Daily – And Often…
Thanks to the many of you that have emailed pictures of your deal cubes. I have collected over 130 of them, all posted in our fabulous “Deal Cube Museum.”
Please continue to send pics as I intend to conduct other deal cube tourneys after this inaugural one concludes. Think of those recurring reality shows – we are now in just Season 1. There will be many seasons including All-Stars and maybe even reunion episodes! Remember, quality of the deal cube is irrelevant – any cube can win! Underdogs do it all the time…
Deal Cube Contest Process & Rules
1. There are 64 deal cubes in the 1st tournament. Additional tournaments will be held so please keep those pics coming.
2. A selection committee has ranked (ie. “seeded”) the 64 cubes – unlike the NCAA hoops tourney, the committee’s seedings are used for internal purposes and won’t be revealed until a winner is crowned.
3. In each of the first two rounds, half of the remaining cubes will be eliminated. For those two rounds, four cubes will be pitted against each other – and the two cubes obtaining the lowest number of votes will be eliminated. Thus, a voter can cast two votes on a group of four cubes.
4. In the last four rounds, two cubes will be pitted against each other and a voter can cast one vote on a group of two cubes.
5. Voting will take place on a poll placed on this blog daily. There will be a break between each round to allow votes to be cast for the last few contests in each round for more than a few days.
6. Polls will remain open for each round for quite a while – so don’t worry if you miss reading this blog for a day (or a week).
1. There are no rules. Just like it’s unfair if folks that work the hardest on a deal wind up with no cube, it is possible that an inferior cube can attract more votes than a superior cube if someone figures out a way to obtain more votes for their cube (egs. casting multiple votes, having friends and family vote, offering bribes for votes).
2. FCPA doesn’t apply – so bribing of the selection committee (ie. Broc) will be considered.
3. Have fun and tell your friends about our contest.
Deal Cube Tournament: Round One; First Match
As noted in the rules above, please vote for two of the following four cubes below:
– McDonald’s Fries
– Louisville Slugger Baseball Bat
– Standard with Spine Embedded
– Broc Romanek