Spanking brand new. Posted in our “Corporate Governance Committee” Practice Area, this comprehensive “Nominating Committee Process/Director Nominee Qualifications Disclosure Handbook” provides a heap of practical guidance about the disclosure obligations under Item 407(c) of Regulation S-K, with a sample board matrix and other related policies and procedures included in the appendices.
Putting the SEC’s Annual Budget in Context
I’ve often blogged about how the SEC is lacking the resources it needs. This CFA Institute blog does a great job listing all kinds of great facts, of which these are just a few:
– SEC budget of $1.321 billion is 99.99% smaller than the markets it is supposed to protect
– SEC budget is equal to $1 for every $14,329 that it is charged with protecting
– SEC’s recent additional budgetary request amounts to an additional $0.13 for every $1,000,000 it supervises
– Citibgroup’s profits of $11.1 billion, equivalent to 7.4 more SECs.
– Citibgroup’s total assets of $1,873.9 billion, equivalent to 1,417.5 more SECs.
– Citigroup disposed of assets last year that were worth more than the SEC’s entire budget
– Other budget item of “Recreational and sporting services” is $4.2 billion, or 217.9% larger than the SEC budget.
– Other budget item of “Fish and wildlife service” is $1.6 billion, or 21.1% larger than the SEC budget
– Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates earned $3.9 billion in 2011, equivalent to 1.9 more SECs
– Carl Icahn of Icahn Capital Management earned $2.5 billion, equivalent to 89% of another SEC
– James Simons of Renaissance Technologies earned $2.0 billion, equivalent to 51.4% of another SEC
Diversity Tone at the Top
In this podcast, Jim Gauss of Witt/Kieffer discusses how senior leaders can encourage diversity in the workplace, including:
– What is the current state of diversity in healthcare organizations?
– Why is diversity in leadership so critical at this stage in healthcare reform?
– How can healthcare organizations’ board members play a role in promoting diversity in their institutions?
– What are the best methods for CEOs to approach diversity issues within their organizations?
– Broc Romanek