As noted in this Bloomberg article, the SEC unanimously approved the PCAOB’s ’12 budget last week in the amount of $228 million, a 11% hike as the PCAOB takes on new duties overseeing broker-dealer audits. Unlike past years, this approval was not contentious – see Chair Schapiro’s and Commissioner Aguilar’s remarks – as it appears that new PCAOB Chair Jim Doty is handling his new duties nicely, such as better oversight of the IT development process at the agency.
Meanwhile, this Reuters article discusses rumors of two candidates vying for a PCAOB Board slot…
Political Spending Disclosure: CalPERS and CalSTRS Join the Bandwagon
Recently, CalPERS and CalSTRS amended their corporate governance guidelines to call on companies to disclose their policies regarding political contributions. Here’s CalPERS’ press release – and here’s CalSTRS’ press release.
January-February Issue: Deal Lawyers Print Newsletter
This January-February issue of the Deal Lawyers print newsletter was just sent to the printer and includes articles on:
– M&A in 2012: Out with the Old, in with the New?
– Forward-Looking Statements: Deal Market Trends for 2012
– Joint Development Agreements: A Primer
– Tax Diligence and Tax-Related Provisions in Acquisition Agreements
– Delaware Court of Chancery Seeks To Narrow VeriFone With Potential Unintended Consequences
If you’re not yet a subscriber, try a no-risk trial to get a non-blurred version of this issue on a complimentary basis.
– Broc Romanek