Happy New Year! Here is my first annual – and admittedly lame – attempt at an “In/Out” List:
– Internal Controls/Controlling CEOs
– Just Vote No Campaigns/Shareholder Access
– Real-Time Disclosure/Abstaining from Disclosure
– SEC Comments on the Web/SEC Comments by FOIA Request
– Independent Auditors/The Company’s Auditors
– Tally Sheets/Mega-Grants
– Bloggers (voted “Men of the Year” by ABC!)/Weekly Print Newsletters
I know, not really off to a rousing start this year…if you have any suggestions, please email them to me and I will add them to this list.
Time to Renew!
As all our subscriptions are based on a calendar year, some of your subscriptions may have expired over the weekend. You can renew online below for any of these fine print or online publications:
– The Corporate Counsel print newsletter
– The Corporate Executive print newsletter
– Section 16 Annual Service
– Romeo & Dye’s Section 16 Filer
Year in Review for NYSE and NASD – and Looking Forward for PCAOB
Last week, the PCAOB approved a revised budget for 2005 – which includes nearly a 50% increase in staffing. This press release notes that the PCAOB might have to increase its already relatively high wages to attract new hires (fyi, the PCAOB pays considerably more than the SEC to its staffers).