Tune in tomorrow for the CompensationStandards.com webcast – “Law Firms & Independence: What to Do Now” – as law firms – and their compensation committee clients – are scrambling to comply with the new rules regarding independence for consultants. Hear from Troutman Sanders’ Brink Dickerson; Gibson Dunn’s Ron Mueller; Bryan Cave’s Randy Wang and Skadden’s Joe Yaffe.
Now 51 Say-on-Pay Failures This Year
There have been many more failures during the past few days, including:
– Abercrombie & Fitch – Form 8-K (19% – also failed 2012 with 25%)
– Discovery Laboratories – Form 8-K (42%)
– Morgans Hotel Group – Form 8-K (25%)
– Sonus Networks – Form 8-K (49%)
– Consolidated Water – Form 8-K (49%)
– Vocus – Form 8-K (45%)
– Lifepoint Hospitals – Form 8-K (43%)
– Spansion – Form 8-K (49%)
– FTI Consulting – Form 8-K (41%)
Thanks to Karla Bos of ING for the heads up on these!
More on our “Proxy Season Blog”
We continue to post new items regularly on our “Proxy Season Blog” for TheCorporateCounsel.net members. Members can sign up to get that blog pushed out to them via email whenever there is a new entry by simply inputting their email address on the left side of that blog. Here are some of the latest entries:
– Combating Tech’s Conflict Minerals With Disclosure
– Rethinking the Annual Meeting
– Project: Create Sustainability Standards for 10-K Disclosures
– How to Open & Close Annual Meeting Polls
– What Will You Do if a Proponent Does Not Show to Present the Shareholder Proposal?
– Goldman Sachs to Enhance Lead Director Duties in Deal with CtW
– Broc Romanek