The Handbooks: All of Them in One Place
Over the past year, I have blogged about a number of comprehensive Handbooks that we have posted on the site. Many members have asked if we have housed the Handbooks in one spot - and indeed we have. There is a "Handbooks" Practice Area, listed alphabetically among the hundreds of Practice Areas on the left side of our home page. And there are many more Handbooks than I blogged about last year. Take a gander...
Where to List: NYSE or Nasdaq?
I love to note when new securities law blogs emerge and "The Securities Edge" by Gunster's David Scileppi & his colleagues looks very promising. For example, here is a recent entry on a common topic - which stock exchange should a company list upon...
Webcast: "The 'Former' Corp Fin Staff Speaks"
Tune in tomorrow for the webcast - "The 'Former' Corp Fin Staff Speaks" - to hear former Senior Staffers from the SEC's Division of Corporation Finance Brian Breheny of Skadden Arps, Marty Dunn of O'Melveny & Myers, Linda Griggs of Morgan Lewis and Dave Lynn of TheCorporateCounsel.net and Morrison & Foerster weigh in on what you need to be doing for the upcoming proxy season including tackling these topics:
1. Status of conflict minerals & resource extraction rulemakings
2. Status of IFRS
3. Proxy access proposals
4. Cybersecurity disclosures
5. Corp Fin's new Office of Disclosure Standards and possible impact on comments
6. Status of COSO's internal controls project
7. Other shareholder proposals
8. Iran & Syria disclosures
9. Comment responses as part of your disclosure stream
10. Mandatory auditor rotation & other PCAOB rulemakings
- Broc Romanek