The List: The 16 Division Directors of Corp Fin
With the election behind us, the rumors over whether SEC Chair Schapiro is a short-timer will intensify. And when the SEC Chair changes, there often are other senior management changes.
Anyways, I've decided to create this list of the Directors for the Division of Corporation Finance, dating back to 1934 (before the Division had that name). This list surprisingly wasn't easy to create as the SEC nor the SEC Historical Society maintains one. The list is repeated below (and includes their term as a Director):
1. Baldwin Bane (1934 - 1952)
2. Byron "Barney" Woodside (1952 - 1960)
3. Manuel "Manny" Cohen (1960 - 1962)
4. Edmund "Ed" Worthy (1962 - 1969)
5. Charles "Charlie" Shreve (1969 - 1970)
6. Alan Levenson (1970 - 1976)
7. Richard "Dick" Rowe (1976 - 1979)
8. Edward Greene (1979 - 1981)
9. Lee Spencer (1982 - 1984)
10. John Huber (1984 - 1986)
11. Linda Quinn (1986 - 1996)
12. Brian Lane (1996 - 1999)
13. David Martin (1999 - 2002)
14. Alan Beller (2002 - 2006)
15. John White (2006 - 2009)
16. Meredith Cross (2009 - present)
I saw a sneak preview for "Life of Pi" last night. Wasn't expecting to like it given the previews and because I'm not a fan of 3-D. It was mind-blowing, both the story and the way the 3-D felt. I definitely recommend it. Look at this clip of the flying fish scene...
The Debate Over Cost-Benefit in Rulemaking Continues
Here is an article from the Washington Post analyzing the Senate debate over a pending bill that could force federal agencies to do even more cost-benefit analysis when conducting rulemaking...
What the Election Results Mean for Dodd-Frank?
Here is an article from the Washington Post analyzing the impact of the results on Dodd-Frank and all the rulemaking thereunder that still needs to get done...
- Broc Romanek