Business Roundtable Updates Its "Principles of Corporate Governance"
Last week, Business Roundtable issued an updated version of its "Principles of Corporate Governance." The BRT's principles were last updated in April 2010. Gibson Dunn's blog covers the five major changes since the last update.
Another PCAOB Roundtable on Auditor Independence and Auditor Rotation
Last week, the PCAOB held its second roundtable since the issuance of its mid-2011 concept release on auditor independence and auditor rotation. Here are the written statements from the panelists - and here are statements from Chair Jim Doty, Board Member Jeanette Franzel and Board Member Steven Harris.
More on our "Proxy Season Blog"
We continue to post new items regularly on our "Proxy Season Blog" for TheCorporateCounsel.net members. Members can sign up to get that blog pushed out to them via email whenever there is a new entry by simply inputting their email address on the left side of that blog. Here are some of the latest entries:
- NYSE Director Steps Down After Majority Withhold Vote
- How Your Annual Shareholder Meeting May Be Covered: Social Media Style
- A Review of Corp Fin No-Action Rulings on E&S Proposals
- Big Fireworks at Wells Fargo Annual Shareholders Meeting
- Chesapeake: Poster Child For Poor Governance
- Broc Romanek