With so many companies now improving their proxy disclosures, we’ve decided to hold an annual contest for proxy disclosures. Here are some FAQs:
- Who decides the winners (& when does voting start)?
The winners will be decided by you - via anonymous popular voting online. Voting will commence on Monday, July 6th.
- When will voting close?
The polls will close at the end of Friday, July 24th.
- How many times can I vote for each category?
As many as you can finagle (note that we will configure it so you won't be able to vote more than once per computer you own). Voting will be anonymous.
- If I vote, do I have to vote for all 14 categories?
No. You can pick and choose which categories you wish to vote for. You will only be permitted one vote per category during a single voting session.
- When must all nominations be submitted?
By the end of Wednesday, July 1st.
- How can I submit nominations?
Email them to Broc at email@example.com
- If I submit a nomination, do I have to submit them for all 14 categories?
No. Submit as few - or as many - as you wish.
- Why don't I need to explain why a company is being nominated for a category?
Because I don't want you to work to hard. There's no need to explain why you're nominating a proxy for a category. Just let Broc know the company name and the category(ies) for which it is being submitted.
- Are self-nominations permitted?
- Why is there a max of 3 nominations per company?
You may nominate a single company for no more than 3 categories. There's a cap of 3 categories per company to spread the "award wealth."
- What happens if a particular company receives nominations in more than 3 categories?
If a company receives nominations from multiple people for more than 3 categories, Broc will use his discretion as to which categories will be used.
- What are the 14 categories?
- Best Overall Proxy (Combined Online & Print)
- Best Print Proxy - Large Cap
- Best Print Proxy - Mid-to-Small Cap
- Best Online Proxy - Large Cap
- Best Online Proxy - Mid-to-Small Cap
- Most Improved Print Proxy
- Most Improved Online Proxy
- Most Persuasive Supplemental Letter/Additional Soliciting Materials
- Best Executive Summary
- Best CD&A
- Best CD&A Summary
- Best Shareholder Engagement Disclosure
- Best Director Bios Disclosure
- Best Shareholders Letter
- What does a company win if it receives the most votes for a category?
A groovy CorporateAffairs.tv Staff t-shirt!