Deal Cube Contest Process & Rules
- There are 64 deal cubes in the 1st tournament. Additional tournaments will be held so please keep those pics coming.
- A selection committee has ranked (ie. seeded) the 64 cubes - unlike the NCAA hoops tourney, those rankings are used for internal purposes and won't be revealed until a winner is crowned.
- In each of the first three rounds, half of the remaining cubes will be eliminated.
For those three rounds, four cubes will be pitted against each other - and the three cubes obtaining the lowest number of votes will be eliminated.
Thus, a voter can cast two votes on a group of four cubes.
- In the last two rounds, two cubes will be pitted against each other and a voter can cast one vote on a group of two cubes.
- Voting will take place on a poll placed on
Broc & Dave's Blog daily. There will be a break between each round to allow votes to be cast for the last few contests in each round for more than a few days.
- Polls will remain open for each round for quite a while - so don't worry if you miss a day (or a week).
- There are no rules. Just like it's unfair if folks that work the hardest on a deal wind up with no cube, it is possible that an inferior cube can attract more votes than a superior cube if someone figures out a way to obtain more votes for their cube (egs. casting multiple votes, having friends and family vote, offering bribes for votes).
- FCPA doesn't apply - so bribing of the selection committee (ie. Broc) will be considered.
- Have fun and tell your friends about our contest.